Monday, December 11, 2006

Sarah







There is no one in the world like Sarah! When Adam and I first started dating and getting serious, he took me to meet Sarah. I was really nervous at first, knowing that the rest of the family would want to know what she thought of me. Also because of their special relationship, it was important to him that she approve. There was something about her friendly eyes smiling and greeting that put me at ease and I knew I could just be myself. We hit it off right away, I remember on my days off I would go to her house with Starbucks non-fat sugar free vanilla lattes to talk and visit with Chandler and her then very baby Jackson (SO cute). I enjoy her humor, even now it's reassuring to me that she can crack jokes about not being paralyzed from the surgery, that's who she is.

I admire her dedication to her children. Life has brought allot of changes the past few years since I've known her and her kids well being is always top priority in every way. She has this demeanor with them that is palpable, to watch her foster and nurture the ideas, questions and imagination of her bright, sensitive, sweet sons so lovingly it's inspiring. She makes you wounder, why haven't I thought of that!?!

The last time I saw Sarah before her surgery was at grandma Donna's birthday party put her arms around me and grabbed my right butt cheek, this made me very happy!! Things didn't have to be serious and scary. My dad when I was very young 3 or so had four brain surgeries, I was helpless then and with Sarah I feel very helpless as well. Again, to hear her voice to see her just being herself makes me feel better. In short I love you Sarah and cherish our friendship.


I took this picture on the beach of Isla Mujeres, Mexico in November. Our thoughts are always with you Sarah.

2 comments:

Gina said...

This is such a sweet post for Sarah. I am close friends with Robin and it's been neat to see all the comments concerning the love for Sarah.

The cheek sqeezing reminded me of Robin... must be a Brimley thing. Cracks me up every time. (LOL)

Emily said...

Sarah looks gorgeous in these pictures, as usual. And could Adam be anymore of a goofball? I am so lucky to have such great sisters and a fantastic sister-in-law.