Monday, December 4, 2006

Micila's meaning

This is the first time I have ever ventured into anything more advanced or technical than an email, with photo attachments. Very exciting! Ever since my sister in-law's started blogging, Emily and Robin, I've kept up to date with them almost everyday. Sometimes it's easier to write things, than to say them out loud. Anyway, it is my intention to share ideas, experiences, opinions and open myself totally with out restraint.

So to begin, the name Micila was a nick name given to me by my grandpa Brookshire, James or Jim is what he goes by. Ever since I can remember he has lovingly and adoringly called me Micila. With a tumultuous childhood, like so many of my brothers and sisters, (you will see that I refer to all of mankind as such as we are all one) my grandfather has been my biggest fan and supporter since the day I was born. Even at my worst and most ugly of stages, he has loved me unconditionally. It is threw this experience that I found love and compassion for all mankind, and the delicate cycles of life that we all share and that tie us at our very essence to our infinite mother, earth.

My grandfather has always been stricken with poor health, having to do with his heart and chronic bronchitis. With each incident that occurs, I turn into a sniveling baby. My husband can attest to this, recently my grandfather was hospitalized because of the bronchitis and medications. Of course I reverted to child whose world was turning inside out. A little mellow dramatic I admit, that's just how it is with that silly old man.

My daughter Moqui and my grandparents, Jim and JoAnn.
Well that's it for now. I don't want to bore anyone with my sentiments. I am positive that others hold someone in their lives just as dearly. I've seen Robin play tag allot with her fellow blogger. Given this being my first time and not knowing how to do that yet, if you find this and are able and willing on this topic, I'm all ears.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yippee! Michelle is blogging. Great first post. My Grandpa Bob has always called me Emilita so I hold a silly nickname very dear as well.