Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Stuff..

My brother James to the rescue! Yesterday my brother came over befor noon and left my house at 10:30pm, wow. He let me use his computer programs to start my web pages and showed me a few things. The world wide web is so overwhelming, alot of things are easily found and used, like blogger. When it comes to hosting and all the many features and technical terms, I'm struggeling to keep my head above water. Anyway, I've spent days and hours working on web pages and I hope that it's up soon. It is just a preliminary set up. I will have to constantly update info and so on.

Unfortunatly, all the time spent on these new projects has taken away time from my favorite things to do like, clean, laundry, clean, laundry. I was even late yesterday picking up Kaleb, Oops! It ended up being a good thing. Lately Kaleb has had a bad attitude about doing things, all things, putting his shoes on for example. In the morning, granted it's early, he puts his shoes on, if they dont just glide like butter on to his feet he kicks them off, folds his arms in a pout, scouls and says, 'I can't do it!'. Homework his attitude is slightly diffrent. He acts like he is above doing it. 'No, no mom I dont have to.' It turns in to an argument and the above actions on his part.

I wondered if his teachers have had issues with this. I wrote a note to his teacher and ran into her when I was late picking up Kaleb. She mentioned that lately in class he has taken the role of police officer. I've herd him pretend like this lately, he would arrest his brother or Moqui for some pretend crime. She said it wasnt really an issue for her in her class. Get this, his P.E. teacher wants to fail my 5 year old because he acts like he doesnt have to participate if he doesnt want to! Fail, kintergarden P.E.?

I do not want to dampen or limit his imagination, or do things he doesnt want to. However the things that are asked of him are character building skills. What's a mom to do? This morning I talked to him about it. Police officers work together to catch bad guys and sometimes they have to do what others ask of them, but they work as a team and work out and run all the time so they can catch the bad guys. I think he understood, I will still have to talk to his P.E. teacher to see if there is something specific he is doing or not doing to make her want to fail him. Although, in some ways it all seems to be over rated for kintergarden. His regular teacher says he's fine at recess, probably because he can do what he wants, I'm not too worried. Just odd.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Silly Kaleb, PE should be fun! Tucker is being a butthead about listening lately too. I am glad you're brother helped you with a webpage, can't wait to see it.

Lindy said...

can't wait to see your web page. i don't think there should be any failing in klindergarten...ever!!! maybe the teacher should try some alternative teaching methods...they are there for the kids after all