Saturday, January 27, 2007

Update






It must seem like I crawled into a hole or something. The exact opposite is true! I've been consumed with creative energy, ideas and excitement in each day the unfolding of new opportunities and avenues of expression. Recently I went to the local YMCA to pick up on yoga where I left it in 2006, to my dismay the instructor had an accident and there would be no class. The fitness director that brought us the news asked if anyone would be interested in going through a few moves. I said that I would be happy to, if he had a t.v. and instructional video. Long story short, I volunteered to teach beginners yoga class Tues. and Thurs, from 10-10:55.

The fantastic part of this news is I am not only getting sponsorship to become a certified yoga instructor, but my Reiki business will benefit as well. The volunteer director there laid out some ideas and ways of educating people in the community about Reiki and my business through open houses and workshops. I'm sure you can imagine how great it feels to have outside support of your work, ideas and offer a venue for future efforts. Awesome!

In case the word has not gotten to you the viewer of this blog yet. I have now finished Reiki level 3 training and will be working toward Master/ Teacher certification. This of course take time, apprenticeship, and patience all of which I look forward to putting forth in order to bring Reiki to as many lives as possible, one person at a time, dog, cat, baby etc... I have a home studio all set up, cards, flyers, forms and brochures, all of this has kept me very busy.

Okay, so I am working on putting together a website and I don't have a clue how to get my ideas on a navigating website, so this is a casual call for help, is there anyone out there who can help? Mean while, if you want to know more about Reiki, who it's for, what it is, email me and I will send you a brochure that explains it all.

My kids:

I am always observant of what my kids take interest in, partially to monitor content, but also to encourage their individual growth. A flyer was left on the truck at a the wal-mart we were shopping at, Ethan noticed it and asked about it. It was for martial arts. Ethan's face perked looking at the suite the boy was wearing. I asked him if he wanted me to call and see if they taught 4 year olds, "Yeah, that would be cool mom! Then they can send us a suite for me!" I'm sure Kaleb will probably want to go as well, although it's likely it's just because Ethan is.

Moqui has had a rough time, she has two new teeth on the bottom. The last week she would wake up in the middle of the night with pain. This was not fun for any of us. She was inconsolable, even after orijell, rocking and cuddling she just had to cry it out, keeping me and Adam up. During the day she was fussy, but with a little Reiki and allot of snuggles she would just fall asleep in my arms. We were tired up until the last few days, I even kept Kaleb home one day because I could not get up. Aside from that she's cuter than ever.

Adam has been sick this last week, I wish there was more I could do. When he's unhappy or sick, we might as well all be sick and miserable. He's been good about resting and allowing his body to rejuvenate, I asked if he wanted Reiki, he said no. Sometimes being sick serves a higher purpose, I know he usually enjoys getting Reiki, so it didn't hurt my feelings or anything. Anyway, that's about it for now, I will keep you all up to date as often as possible.

3 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

That's so great about your Reiki business taking off! I'm hapy for you. That's sad about Moqui's two new teeth. I used to get growing pains in my legs when I was little and it would wake me up in the night and I would have to cry it out...I bet that's how new teeth feel.

Lindy said...

i'm so happy that you updated, plus your new blog is so cute. i had a blast visiting and getting to know you a little bit tuesday. your kids are beautiful! will you please send me a brochure?

Emily said...

Good to have you blogging again. That picture of you is absolutely stunning!