Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Asparagus

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I made this great dinner after the boys, Moqui and I got home from the YMCA. I was so proud of the little white sole fish fillet rubbed with ginger, fresh orange zest, oil and juice, neatly packed in foil with fresh organic broccoli and asparagus. Of course these types of meals meet some resistance once at the table, I'm not real sure why, when they eat it all anyway?!?!

It's not like I haven't had asparagus before, certainly not often, but that day had been long and the first moment I had to myself to sit and relax was in the bathroom after putting the kids to bed. That's when I noticed it! My pee smelled just like asparagus! Immediately I thought I should remember to call Adam and tell him. If you know Adam, bodily functions of all types are a great conversation piece and are discussed often anyway.

Do you know what he said to me? "You didn't know!?" "No." I said. "So this is a well known fact is what your telling me, and I have been totally oblivious?" "Yeah, ask anyone in my family, ask Sarah, tell them that your pee smelled funny after dinner, they'll say... did you have asparagus." Well, there you have it. The moment I stop to relax for a moment and smell the.........asparagus, I mean pee, or I mean roses. I wonder what revelations come from those men who like to meditate while moving their bowels? Think about that one for a minute! HAHAHAH
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you eat Sugar Puffs often (Sugar Crisp or Honey Puffs, etc.)? It makes you have Sugar Puff pee.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

too bad abbie got here first because I was gonna say the same thing...Sugar Puffs are the champ in this contest. But so are cheerios...

Emily said...

In 9th grade Biology class I learned something even weirder about this. Some people don't have the gene that allows them to smell the asparagus in their pee/farts. It still smells, but they don't know it.

Tori :) said...

I've never eaten asparagus. I'll have to try it sometime- if only to smell my pee afterwards...

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.