Monday, June 4, 2007

1st day @ summer school!

So Ethan started his first day of summer school off with...pouting, whining, crying, running away and finally as a last resort utter protest, he sat in the middle of the dirt and refused to move. The night before was when it really started, although he knew it was coming and we talked about how great it would be, what fun he would have, none of it stopped his hour and a half pouting session.

Well I don't know if it was the right thing to do or not, but I forced him to go to class. I had to drop off Kaleb and Moqui with my younger brother that is thankfully home on summer break, turn right back around and sat with him in his class for 45min. His teacher discouraged parents from staying with good reason, however, he has been very clingy for the last few months. We've been home alone together for months, taking naps together, snuggling and such, so of course I expected him to fear more independence. But guess what, I left after a while and he had a great day. Tomorrow he wants to go to the cafeteria by himself and go to class with his teacher.

Ahhhh(big sigh), he's so grown up! He's my lil' baby boy, happy tears! :) So I took some pictures of all of us eating breakfast in the cafeteria.



Ethan after school video.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Tucker loves the spidey backpack. Looks like Ethan had fun, I hope the drama of dropping him off gets easier.

Emily said...

Cute video. I can't believe he's so grown up.