Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring Snow Hurray!

Kaleb is on spring break right now, most school districts had their's the begining of the month, weird. We also usually go to the beach for spring break, this year we went to Flagstaff to visit my dad and grandparents and to take in the fresh pine smell that saturates the air up there. It was cold but not friged or anything, although it did snow the day we came in but in the morning before we arrived.


We all hung out went for walks and talked. The boys look forward very much to hiking on trails and exploring with their g-grandpa and his dogs. Moqui came along this time and she was no exception. She loved it! All three of them are great little adventurers. Kaleb and Ethan took turns being trail leaders, Moqui took a hill too fast and biffed it a little as a result she has a small cherry on her forehead.


Flagstaff is my town, I spent part of my elementary years there and a few summers and while living in the Grand Canyon it was the closest place to do shopping. The place for crystal or gemstone shopping can be found corner of E. Santa Fe and N. San Francisco just north of Humpfrey the main strip in Flag. My dad, grandma and I spent 2 hours in Crystal Magic shopping for all types of quartz, lapis and flourite. I love the smell of metaphysical stores as if it were a smell from my childhood that holds memory or something. Most people associate smells with childhood memory like pumpkin pie at thanks giving time, or the comforting smell of rain on the ground. I like all of that too, just something about sandalwood, dry burning sage and oils


So Thursday afternoon it snowed! That's right, in Flagstaff you can have your yellow blooming tulips and big white fluffy snow too!
Isnt Adam Hilarious! He was great to be around the whole time, which is saying alot anytime we have to travel.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Fun, fun. I want to live there! Why is Adam always so dang funny in pictures?!! And your kids are SO cute!

Emily said...

I forgot to tag you for 2 for 2getherness. Do it!