Monday, February 5, 2007

Sun-day Hike



Wow! I'm so grateful to live in Coolidge. It's treasures are sometimes easy to take for granted and some of them are more obviously seen than others. For example, the Great House Ruins are the most obvious feature. Every time I have gone there I have had kids with me so I am limited some what in my exploring, but the kids enjoy it every time. Eventually I would like to take my time in the exhibit and watch the movie they offer. The history of this area is rich and amazing.

Yesterday, Adam and I were on the same page which was refreshing on it's own, we both felt like it was such a beautiful day, it would be a waste to spend any of it inside. Adam has been commuting to Casa Grande for the last few weeks and regularly looks for different ways to get from here to there. Last week he stumbled upon a desert park. This park is behind the Central Arizona Community College, it had about 15 to 20 different covered picnic areas with grills, and easy hiking paths. The main feature of this park are the little mountains that look like a pile of boulders stacked on each other, some of them look more deliberate than others, but all are nature made. This is what is so facinating about the area.

Anyway, we had fun. When the boys started saying the didn't want to walk anymore (20min. into the walk) and just before Adam got too annoyed by there less than enthusiastic attitudes, we stopped and I led them through an energizing yoga move, and we said out loud how grateful we are for our bodies, this day and this beautiful place. Off we went looking for walking sticks! The boys lasted another 45 minutes. Moqui was of course going with the flow and after awhile we put her down and let her walk around and pick up rocks. Over all we had a great family adventure.

3 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

what a fun thing to do as a family! hiking is great...

Robin said...

Sounds like such a fun day! We need to do more things together outdoors.

Emily said...

So fun! I miss hiking!!