Monday, February 5, 2007

How it all began.

This was originally an email, but I thought it would be good to post for those who read my blog that I may not have an email address for.

Reiki and Me http://reiki-kula.com


Early July of last year, I was in allot of pain, I had pain getting in and out of bed, standing for long periods of time and even driving. I needed to address this issue immediately. I had no insurance to see a doctor, both massage and chiropractic had helped me in the past, but the last time I had visited a chiropractor I was put in more pain for three days. Both of these therapies together are awesome when taken regularly at least 2x a month, being a massage therapist that is what I recommended to my clients, friends and family, but I couldn't afford that either.
I had been exposed to reiki several times since I was little, and I decided that I would take a new approach to what was going on with my body. I sought out reiki to gently relax my body without manipulating me physically. I knew also that sometimes pain is a result of blockages in the flow of the bodies energy system. Imbalances in ones life, whether it be mental, spiritual, or physical slow the flow of energy causing blocked circulation of vital life force that in turn puts stress on that area physically, at that point your body communicates the imbalance with first subtle pain. Then if not addressed it begins to shout for a remedy, this is where I was when I received reiki. Within 2 weeks after 4 reiki sessions, I began to feel better. Not only was the pain subsiding, but I had come to realize some of the issues behind the physical manifestation of the imbalances in my life. I had also decided that this was something I wanted to cultivate within myself and share with my children, husband, cat, plants, my neighbors and others.
I completed reiki 1 and 2 by August of 2006 and just finished reiki level 3a in January of this year, I plan on continuing on to become a Reiki Master/ Teacher when the time is right. I have been treating people in my community with reiki in my home office in Coolidge and have just finished my website. This is were you can find more information about reiki and it's origins and also request treatments. My goal now is to touch as many lives with this beautiful, gentle, loving energy as humanly possible. This is my work and my contribution to society, through which I hope to make the world a more loving place, for my children and their generation and hopefully for more generations to come.
If you have made it through this long email, thank you! Thank you for taking the time to find out a little about me. I posted a link to my website above and also below. You can also email me anytime to find out more, if you are interested in doing reiki yourself I can direct you to a great teacher.
Namaste and God Bless.
Michelle

No comments: