Saturday, October 6, 2007

Brimley Briefing!!

Yes, I am still breathing and residing on planet Earth! I have been wanting to post an update on everything happening, but as I have said before in other posts, I'm not one who journals much and I'm just plain undisciplined about it. However, as of the 2nd of October I have been putting my discipline to the test! Ever since Moqui was born, I have been wanting to do a series of colonic's to cleanse and detox my body, also after birth this process can really help one to tonify the organs that were compromised during pregnancy. Did I mention you naturally loose weight too! Okay, so loosing weight is not my intention in the cleanse but it is a nice hopeful side effect. If you want to know more about what comes out during a colon cleans, here is a link to the product I'm using.
http://www.blessedherbs.com/photos2i.html
Warning..........once you click this link you will encounter some disgusting and potentially
nauseating photos of results people have had using this product, really cool if you can stomach it and read their experiences. If you have a week stomach click here to be spared. http://blessedherbs.com/

So Adam is in Utah working for a few weeks, I'm starting to miss him. Yes, I know starting
seems strange, right! Well we've been away before like this, last time I think he went to Utah it was a week, over the summer he spent 6 weeks in Flagstaff, coming home on the weekends sometimes. So I guess I've become some what accustom to him leaving. Once I hit the 7 day mark I begin to think about fond memories and become teary eyed and just long for his beautiful smile and warm embrace.

This week was parent teacher conference. Kaleb's teacher says he is reading at least 2nd grade level and wants him tested for a gifted program, this is good news but was also followed with some potentially bad news. When they do "dibles" testing they also do hearing tests and vision
tests, you remember, we've all been there. The nurse says that Kaleb might be color blind, since summer Kaleb has been wincing and blinking allot, so we need to do a little investigation. Other than that he is doing really well. Wednesday, Kaleb also had his first piano lesson. I look forward to watching him grow with that.

Ethan's conference went well too! He is right were
he needs to be, but could use some help and encouragement to keep him there. It seems like Kindergarten depending on the teacher could really go one way or another. Meaning recognizing and comprehending the alphabet and sounds of letters and being able to read simple words like, "I, me, the, cat, he, she, go", simple math and knowing shapes, just being ready for 1st grade. Or, the teacher could really not like being there and the kids do not benefit as they should. I saw this happen to a whole class last year that Kaleb was supposed to be in, but I had him switch teachers. Ethan has had growing pains lately, the other night before bed I massaged his legs with oils and aromas, then it woke him from sleep at 1am, poor little guy. After explaining to him what he was experiencing and that Kaleb went through it to, he didn't worry about it, but it was scary not knowing what was going on in your body.

Moqui is talking allot, " please, mine, mom, water, drive, bye bye, eat, potty, Moe, hat, shoes, papa". She is into everything and very independent. Don't try to pick her up unless she wants you to. Running, jumping, hopping, singing, dancing and copying everything
her brothers do are her favorite things to do. Before Adam left, he was teaching Moqui to swim and doing better in the water than most 3 year olds. He so proud of his ability to have taught all of our kids to swim without any outside instruction. Right now, Moqui is in the beginning stages of potty training. (Moqui in little girl underwear) Any tips or advise will be welcome, please! Her hair is long enough that I could put it in a bun knot by itself. Did I mention her favorite snack right now is Beef Jerky! Well I think for now that will do it. We are going to Robins for a visit.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you for updating us on each and everyone in your family. So fun! Yeah for big-girl Moqui!

Emily said...

Try flashcards with Ethan (Colleen can give you tons of ideas). Have him practice the short vowel sounds for each vowel, "O like octupus, ah, ah, ah-k-ti-pus." He should be reading short phonetic words like at, cat, stop, fan, rip, bed, all, fun, etc. You can also throw in the color words: blue, yellow, even though they are not phonetic they are good "sight words" to learn. Dr. Seuss books are great at his age.